The race league is a fun friends/family race league that allows all levels of skiers/snowboarders/telemark to participate in a NASTAR ski race. Races are held on Thursday night starting Jan 21st. The NASTAR course setup on the weekends is the same setup that will be ran on Thursday.
You can find more information or ask questions by heading over to our Facebook page:
What is NASTAR?
*******Due To COVID Blue Knob will not be open for night skiing Monday through Wednesday nights this year. Racing will be on Thursday Night ************
Join the Moonlight Ski League for the 2021 race Season
Recreational racing series at Blue Knob Resort for those 18 years of age or older
Register by Jan. 19 to receive the discounted price. Starting Jan. 20, registration price increases from $15 to $30. Please note that Ski instructors are required to pay for NASTAR this year. BKST are free for the league
Race dates are January 21th, 28th Feb. 4, 11. 18 6pm – 7:30 pm, weather permitting. Must be in line by 7:30 for last run.
Makeup date of February 25th and March 4, if needed
Downhill skiers, telemark skiers & snowboarders welcome.
- Must be age 18+ or part of the BKST
- Teams can have up to 10 members
- NASTAR team scoring will be used
- Top 5 scores will count. Only the best run of the night goes toward scoring.
- Participants can run as many times as they want between 6-7:30. Those who haven’t ran once can skip into the front of the line and choose to be done.
- If conditions change significantly the pace time may be reset.
- Must be at the race shack by 7:30.
- BKST can participate at no cost but will not be competing for league team honors. They will be competing for lowest handicap within the BKST
- An RFID card will be provided as part of this year’s league fees. You will need this for each race. Losing the card will result in a replacement fee
- (please keep between years. Those without cards next year will have an added fee)
- If your team does not tear down at 7:30 pm during their designated week, scores will count as a DNF.
- If you don’t have a team you will be assigned one at the start of the league.
* Either pick your team or sign up as an individual and be placed on a team. Skiers and boarders of all ability levels are welcome.
Cost of participating
Once again, we are offering a $15 discount off the prices below for registrations with payments received by Jan. 19. Advance registrations helps ensure we can get things entered in the computer to try to avoid delays with the first race.
Questions? Email – Kiel Knisely at email@example.com.
Results will be posted on the following sites. Due to COVID results may or may not be announced this year after the conclusion of the race at the top.